Concrete grinders are tools that make use of circular discs, to even out a concrete surface and for giving it a smooth texture. These serve the purpose best, when you need to clean and area between 1/8 inches and 1/16 inches.
In addition to smoothening of a surface, concrete grinders also help in removing paints, rusts, graffiti and for preparing the surface for coating. While concrete grinders are used for clearing a larger surface, hand held concrete grinders are used to clean smaller areas such as corners and areas that are beyond the reach of a large grinder.
Based on the requirements, the grinder may be equipped with varied discs such as brushes and segments of diamond material.
Generally, these grinders either use gases such as propane for fuel. A few models do run on electricity, but these are suitable only for a small project. For bigger projects, grinders using gases are used.
Points to be remembered before buying a concrete grinder:
· The weight of the grinder: The weight of the grinders would be around 100lbs to 300lbs. More weight could result in better finish and would require more fuel. Hand held grinders are light weight and may weigh as little as 5lbs to provide easy handling to the user.
· The horse power in the grinders may vary from 2hp to 15 hp. If you are going to cover a larger area such as airport, you would need a grinder with greater horse power. For house hold projects, you will need a smaller horse power.
· For larger projects, you will require dual grinders, so that you can minimize the time required to complete the project and thereby, save cost.
· Some grinders are equipped with better mixer grinder features for dust collection. This is a useful feature for the operator, as it will protect the operator from inhaling dust and debris.
· Wet grinders include a tank, which can store up to 2 gallons of water.
· You should be able to alter the brushes with minimum hassle.
Once you have settled on the type of grinder you need, you can decide on whether you want to purchase the grinder out rightly. Instead of purchasing a grinder, you can opt for getting the grinder on lease or you can even buy a used grinder.